Weakness or Feebleness is not in our vocabulary
Weakness occurs when we are inactive in our lifestyle. This is a term that suggest that fragility, vulnerability, slowness, disability, poor health and feebleness. If we remain inactive these things can lead to…
· Fluid retention and Increased blood pressure
· Stiff joints and the inability to ambulate or injuries
· Weight loss or gain (muscle atrophy)
· Shortness of breath upon activity and likelihood to fall
By becoming active you can avoid these things. There are four different categories and you can receive different benefits from each.
· Activities that increase your breathing and heart rate such as walking, biking or swimming.
· Exercises that build strength such as wrist and ankle weights applied while lifting your extremities.
· Balance activities that can be done to prevent falls, such as sitting and touching your finger to your nose and sitting with good posture.
· Joint mobility or flexibility such as stretching your arms, legs, neck and back.
In conclusion, if you want to maintain your health, I suggest that you keep mobile to lower your blood pressure and maintain your muscle mass to prevent from getting injuries. Keep active!