24-Hour Home Care
With 24-hour home care, you can let go of the worry and enjoy a full night’s sleep knowing your loved one is being cared for by compassionate professionals. With personalized attention to individual needs around-the-clock, those living with dementia or who are homebound due to physical limitations will feel at ease in their own surroundings.
Senior Services Unlimited is a private duty non medical home care agency designed to offer top quality services at affordable prices.
Our caregivers are bonded, insured and carefully screened. They are also members of The Family Care Safety Registry. We have been providing assistance to seniors since 1987.
Providing exceptional 24-Hour Home Care for seniors and families in St. Louis County and St Louis City areas, to include, Sappington, Town and Country, Clayton, Florissant, Ferguson, St. Louis City, University City, Affton, Maryland Heights, Creve Coeur and more.
What is 24-Hour Home Care?
24-Hour Home Care means that a caregiver or several caregivers are rotating shifts to care for your loved one in their home. Someone is always awake. Caregivers work an 8-hour or 12-hour shift. These services are paid for by the hour.
Live-In Home Care vs Hourly Home Care
When it comes to choosing in-home care, there are many options. Live-in and 24-hour caregivers may seem like the same terminology, but they vary in how much time is spent with the senior, depending on their care needs. Understanding these differences will help determine what type of live-in or hourly home care would be best suited for each individual’s circumstance.
24-Hour Home Care (Hourly Home Care)
- To ensure the client is always taken care of, two or more caregivers take turns on shifts to be awake and available day and night.
- A trusted and alert caregiver is always awake to care for your loved one. By rotating caregivers, they are able to stay alert and ready when new situations arise with a senior who wanders at night, needs toileting assistance at night, or may become confused and just need some company and reassurance.
Live-In Home Care
- Live-in caregivers stay at the home for a 24-hour period, most times for several days. They are allowed breaks during the day and must be able to sleep for 8 hours at night.
- With the scheduled caregivers, your senior loved one will find a deeper sense of comfort. The heightened familiarity with the elderly’s favorite routines and moods helps to better manage dementia diagnoses as well.
- Live-In Home Care may not be the best choice for the senior who needs assistance at night with toileting, wandering, or confusion. The caregiver must be able to sleep, take breaks, and rest.
Your Free Consultation Will Help You Understand More About Home Care
Based on this free consultation, we will develop a custom 24-hour home care plan. This plan will be modified according to your loved one’s unique care needs and preferences.
Once we’ve developed your loved one’s plan, we will match them with a caregiver.